How Does it Work?
In General Terms:
- Create an account in order to bid
- After viewing the horses and sale conditions, click the "bid" button
- Bids are updated in real time so you will be able to see if you are winning the bid or have been outbid.
- If you win the auction, by having the highest bid, you will receive an email to confirm the win. Please contact the seller, to set up the payment and pickup/transportation arrangements.
- The Online Horse Sale is not responsible for the payment transaction between buyer and seller.
More In Depth
Create An Account:
- Click on "Register", at the very top-right of the screen (desktop) or located in the hamburger menu (mobile device).
- Set up your username, password, email, name and phone number.
- Click the checkbox that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- No credit cards are required to register!
- Write down your username and password in a safe place.
- Once you have registered on the new bidding platform (www.auctions.theonlinehorsesale.com), you can click on "Sign In".
- Once you are logged in, you are able to place a bid!
- Click on "Sale Ring" under the categories. You can toggle between active and completed auctions.
- Click on the Quick Bid button to place a bid at the displayed amount.
- Click the "View Details" button for more information about the horse
- Standard Bidding- bidding increments of $100 will automatically fill in the bid amount needed. Then click "Quick Bid".
- Automated Bidding- type in the maximum amount that you would like to bid on the auction and click "Submit Max Bid". This will let the system do the work for you by placing a new bid, if your previous bid has been outbid.
- If you place a bid and it is automatically beaten, it could be a proxy bidder. Meaning, another user has submitted a max bid and it is higher than the bid you submitted.
- The auction will be extended 5 minutes every time someone bids in the last 5 minutes of the original auction expiration. ***All times are in CT.
Sale Terms & Conditions
- The Online Horse Sale's function is to bring the buyer and seller together for a smooth and easy transaction. All responsibilities and guarantees lie between the buyer and seller! We encourage buyers to examine the horses that interest them prior to the auction ending. Any buyer who stops payment on a check will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, to the performance soundness, merchantability, and fitness for any purpose or breeding soundness of any horse offered in the sale. The right to No Sale all horses is reserved for all sellers and will be announced at the end of the auction. It is understood that The Online Horse Sale shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to any person, animal, or property arising from or occurring during or in connection with the sale.
Title to and risk of loss passes to the buyer when the animal is labeled as sold by the auctioneer. Immediately after the horse is sold, it will be the sole risk of the buyer. Seller will provide board and care for 3 days free of charge after auction is over. After 3 days the buyer will be charged $20/ day for feed and care. Buyer is responsible for any sickness, injury, death, and vet expenses as soon as auction is over. We strongly recommend for the buyer to get the horse in his/her possession as soon as possible!
It is the buyer's responsibility to transport the horse. We work with a few different transportation companies and can also try to help arrange a ride.
Payment must be made in full before the horse can be picked up by the buyer/ hauler. Payment must be made via cashier's check, wire transfer, or cash only. If payment has not been made within 5 business days, the buyer forfeits the opportunity to own the horse unless other arrangements have been made between the buyer and the seller. In the instance that the winning bidder fails to make payment within 5 business days, the second highest bidder will have the first chance/option to buy the horse with his last bid as long as it meets the set reserve. If you do not have adequate funds, DO NOT BID! If you are the winning bidder and fail to pay for the horse, you will be removed from the site and will be prosecuted by the law!